Thank you for join me on my culinary adventure as I sample and document all my (hopefully) tasty and creative meals. I'm looking to expand my eating and cooking horizons, as long as they don't involve mushrooms or olives, or most meats......

I hope you enjoy my food blog (flog?)

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Harold's New York Deli

Predictably, I'm pretty addicted to food shows. They make me irrationally confident in things I clearly have no experience with. Sure I can use a liquid nitrogen tank to make ice cream without freezing my face off.

One of my favorites is Man vs. Food because of course I believe I would be able to hold my own against Adam. Eighteen pounds of sushi? Bring it on. 300 Ghost Chilies? Give me a challenge.

But I digress...While staying in a hotel, Dan ran out one morning to get us breakfast from a nearby deli, this nearby deli.
Featured in Man vs. Food



Yeah. Not knowing this ahead of time, Dan orders us two breakfast sandwiches.



The Jersey staple, Taylor Ham and Egg on a Hard Roll. (This is my flog, so it is Taylor Ham. It will never be pork roll. Ham is classy, Taylor Ham, Taylor Ham, Taylor Ham.)



I couldn't really capture how big the thing was, but trust me, it was a bowling ball, a delicious, greasy, bowling ball. If a sandwich usually comes with one slice of meat, this had eight, most of which I had to pluck off to be able to eat it because, you know, I'm healthy like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment